This Group is not government owned nor government moderated.
Anyone interested will be welcome to participate in discussions about
various benefits, which are paid by different government bodies, which form
part of the UK's social security system. Discussions including, but not
limited to the below are allowed.
- Helping people make claims for benefit & tax credits;
- Giving advice on which other benefits & tax credits people can claim;
- Giving support to claimants currently receiving benefits & tax credits;
- Information on procedures and schemes designed to help claimants
- How present and future social security laws effect claimants;
- Government plans to reform the welfare state;
- Administration and Philosophy of the Benefits System
- Discussion of overseas benefits systems will only be welcome where it
occurs for purposes of comparison, or in relation to claimants moving
between the UK and the countries concerned.
Posts attempting to label claimants or Civil Servants in a derogatory
fashion will be treated as a violation of this charter, however
labelling of government agencies and members of parliament is allowed.
Advertising is forbidden
Binaries & Formatting
Encoded binaries (e.g. pictures, compressed files, etc.) are
forbidden. Such material belongs on a web or FTP site to which
a pointer may be posted. Cryptographic signatures (e.g. PGP)
may be used where authentication is important and should be as
short as possible.
Posts must be readable as plaintext. HTML, RTF and similarly
formatted messages are prohibited. To see how to make your newsreader
comply with this, read <http://www.usenet.org.uk/ukpost.html>.
Anyone posting contrary to this charter may be reported to their
"postmaster" and/or Service Provider.
uk.gov.social-security Benefits & tax credits from central & local government