uk.rec.models.engineering is for the discussion of model engineering within
Examples of on-topic discussions include:
Examples of model in this case may include any scale replica of an existing
(past or present) or future concept locomotive, boat, ship, motor vehicle,
traction engine, stationary engine, clock, aircraft, gas turbine, animal or
building. This list is not meant to be exhaustive.
- model engineering clubs in the UK, open days and events;
- suppliers of metalworking machinery and engineering supplies;
- model engineering techniques and practices;
- metalwork model engineering courses;
- actual models which people are constructing and advice they require;
- construction of tooling and equipment;
- safety in the workshop.
Relevant advertising is permitted, providing that such advertisements are
short (ie under 10 lines) and not reposted more frequently than once every
month. The header of an advertisement should be prefixed with "
All posts including signatures must be in plain text. Binaries, attachments,
HTML and other types of formatted text are not permitted, however short
(under four-line) references to relevant FTP-able material and web URLs
uk.rec.models.engineering All aspects of model engineering in the UK