uk.rec.models.rail is an unmoderated newsgroup for the
discussion of railway model making, including conventional
railways, tramways, industrial, narrow-gauge, trams, and
monorails. Content should be relevant to the UK, for example:
Discussion is open for all aspects of UK model railways, be they
static, electric, clockwork, live-steam, internal combustion,
pneumatic. There is no restriction of scale, though perhaps a
general maximum should be Gauge 1, G scale and 16mm scale.
Reviews of models, kits and accessories are encouraged.
Participants are requested to keep to plain ASCII text for
postings, and not use MIME or other more elaborate forms.
- modelling prototypes which operated within the UK
- modelling UK railway scenary and structures
- techniques and tools relevant to UK modellers
- modelling prototypes of UK origin (eg prototypes built in the UK
exported to other countries)
- UK model making scales and standards
- UK model railway clubs and societies
- UK model railway publications (books and periodicals).
- UK model manufacturers and suppliers
- UK prototype issues which affect modelling
- Collecting models either made in the UK or of UK prototypes.
Adverts should be clearly marked in the subject line (the words
"AD", "For Sale", "Exhibition" or "Commercial" at the start of
the subject line are recommended).
Short (less than 20 line) commercial announcements relevant to
UK rail model making are permitted (either manufacturers or
traders), though extensive advertising lists are not permitted
(these should be available by mail, ftp or http to interested
readers). Commercial advertisers should not post adverts more
frequently than once per month.
Private for-sale adverts are permitted, though should be short
and concise. Discussion/negotiation should be via private email.
Announcements by model railway clubs and societies are
permitted, though should be concise and relevant.
Announcement of model railway shows is permitted.
Blatant off-topic or commercial advertising is not permitted.
Binaries are not permitted on this group, however references to
FTP-able material and Web URL's are welcomed.
uk.rec.models.rail Railway model making